“At De Nora, we come to work every day to take care of one of the world’s most precious resources: water
The magnitude of the challenges around water scarcity and disinfection are enormous:
- for instance, 2,000 children aged 5 and under die every day from a water-related disease
- 2/3 of the world’s population currently live in areas that experience water scarcity for at least one month a year
Based on our global coverage, we are committed to contributing to the Sustainable Development goal to address clean water for all by the year 2030:
- In Hong Kong we provide safe drinking water to all the population
- In the Philippines, with our water treatment systems, we supply safe water to approximately six million people in Metropolitan Manila
- In Mandalay, Myanmar 60,000 households have access to safe drinking water thanks to our CECHLO®-NS Brine electrochlorination system
- In 2018, we treated more than 30 million barrels (42 gallons) of frac water, in the Permian Basin Texas reducing the use of fresh water by recycling produced and flowback water.
Staying true to our vision of delivering innovative solutions to resolve future challenges and to our values of balancing a global mindset with local engagement, we will continue our journey and expand our reach into more applications, more industries, and more countries.
Happy World Water Day!!!”