De Nora cathode coatings
Noble metal based cathode coatings are prepared via a thermal decomposition process, taking advantage of vast experience built on anodes development, industrialization and manufacturing.
Presently, catalytic cathode coating plays a key role in Chlor alkali and AWE operations in:
- Lowering specific power consumption;
- Allowing stable operation at high current densities (CD) – up to 8 kA/m2 for CA and 12 kA/m2 for AWE;
- Ensuring operational robustness capable of withstanding plant upset – stability in reverse currents;
- Guaranteeing smoot contact surfaces between the electrode and the separator;
- No impurities generated that could affect the separator performances