Gas Diffusion Electrode in Phosphoric Acid Fuel Cell
Gas Diffusion Electrodes are key components of the Fuel Cell architecture, because they are capable of providing good diffusion for the gas to enhance reaction velocity (extremely high micro porosity), high hydrophobicity to prevent the flooding of the pores (maintaining a correct border line between gas and liquid), high hydrophilicity to be easily wettable by the solution and good electrical contact to the catalyst.
De Nora is presently developing and commercializing the following types of GDE electrodes and catalyst:
- Anodes and Cathode GDE and catalyst for PEM fuel cells;
- Anodes and Cathodes GDE for HT PEM fuel cells (High Temperature PEM);
- Anodes and Cathodes GDE for DM fuel cells (Direct Methanol);
- Anode and Cathode catalyst for PA fuel cells(Phosphoric Acid)
- Anode and Cathode GDE for alkaline fuel cells
We could also manufacture Membrane Electrode Assembly (MEA) assembling a proton exchange membrane (PBI – Polybenzimidazole or others on specific request) with our proprietary GDE.